Sunday, December 03, 2006

my sister's visit

my sister, emily, left this morning...i was really sad...it made me miss home even more, so to make myself feel better i walked all over the city, to some of my favorite neighborhoods, stores, and visited steven at work for my favorite muffin (it's called morning glory and it's got all kinds of good stuff in it...carrots, raisins, cinnamon...deliciousness). I did that all day and went anywhere i wanted to go and surprisingly didnt buy anything. I went to my favorite furniture store, a flea market, brooklyn industries, a shoe store, a bunch of bodega's looking for house plants but no luck.
my sister and i had a great time...we did so much stuff...she also did a lot with my cousin during the days that i was working...she was exhausted
we went to a broadway play, times square, ice skating in bryant park, tried the empire state building but there was zero visibility, walked across the brooklyn bridge, ate at grimaldi's (the best pizza place ever...under the brooklyn bridge), did a lot of shopping, on her birthday went to an amazing brunch and then went to magnolia bakery for cupcakes and then got our picture taken with santa (i dont even remember the last time i did that!), saw For Your Consideration, which was horrible, i was so bored
the last week was really warm but it is finally starting to cool down (in the 40's)...i really hope it snows tomorrow...that would make me happy
i go home in 3 weeks...i'm getting very anxious
i really want to drive my truck again before my dad sell's it...hey ira, if you ever read this, maybe you could buy my truck from my dad!...that would be sweet, so then i can still kind of have it when i'm in town...i dont know exactly why i chose you to buy it except that you would be the one most down to actually do it and might have the money and might love me enough to do that for me...not to mention you'd have a sweet truck! (i know you've got one in tacoma, but you could have two...one to haul around mopeds!) i'm really trying hard to talk you into this and i dont really know why...ha ha
anyway, it just made me cry when my dad said he was going to sell it even though it makes sense for him
i'll get over it, i'm sure
wow, i sound depressed...i'm not, i swear
notice my use of exclamation points! (well, i guess i didn't use that many, but i should've)
i'm just going to clean my apt now...maybe go do laundry...yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/11/2006 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GRIMALDI'S...yea!! Just the sound of it makes my mouth water! Come HOME! :)

12/11/2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home